Monday, March 25, 2013

Mannie Update

Relaxing in the tub
Mannie is getting braver everyday.

Her safe place is the basement. Her litter box, chair(that I got at a garage sale for $5), toys, scratching post, water and food dish are down there. The dogs know they aren't allowed in the basement. They'll stand at the top of the stairs and wait while Abi or I are doing laundry.
We leave the basement door open for her to come and go as she pleases.
I leave my bedroom door open a smidge for her, so if she wanted to, she could snuggle with me at night, she could. The first two months she wasn't doing it. I decided I had to physically bring her upstairs and place her on my bed. So I did. Now she comes up to cuddle.
She is getting more confident around the dogs because of it.
Her and Chaos can hang out in the same room. They'll even share my bed with me for my afternoon nap.
Don't get me wrong, she's still nervous, but getting less and less nervous all the time.
She hisses madly at the dogs if any of them get too close.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! It's very timely update as we've just adopted a cat who is not crazy about my dog. She's making progress though and has started leaving her safe room. She still hisses at George(the dog/fur-child). This gives me hope that things will continue to get better.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete